01 July 2009

Not Funny


  • It's not funny when you discover by accident that someone you hold dear has practically lifted 3 paragraphs of your old blog post without your knowledge and consent. Imagine a piece of your thought copied verbatim, then spruced up by an additional closing paragraph for a cheeky ending statement. I could not believe it myself when I first read it. I don’t know how to feel, I guess the right word here is dumbfounded. Someone has plagiarized my writing. I was thinking that maybe it was done unwittingly but any form of plagiarism is a deliberate act and the additional insult comes from knowing the person who has copied your idea. The "Copier" took it without considering that a writer can only call it her own unless she blows life into it. Rubbing more salt to the wound, she filed the lifted section using the same title I did 3 years ago.

  • It’s not funny when someone you know, not really a friend just someone you work with makes fun out of something you feel the opposite. Example when you got a sick child and someone who thinks she’s smart makes a joke out of it. Well the person committing such a despicable act is not only sick and cruel, she is one rotten soul. I say what I want to say, this is my blog!

  • It’s not funny when you want to break away from the grinder machine but you can’t. On 2nd thought - I can! I must stop complacency from consuming my zeal and start taking charge of what’s going on with this department in my life right now. It not too late for a carpe diem!

Image: Angry Buttercup from Cartoon Channel

No comments: