25 September 2009

Strong Shoes (part 2)


Broken Shoes



Don't look at your broken shoes,

Just sit in a corner,

And enjoy Traviatta,

So that Verdi would know

That you love Opera music,

As much as I do.

Verdi wouldn't look at your shoes,

He would just ignore

All the snobs in the rooms.


The poem above is authored by Ms. Cristina Toropu which I found serendipitously in Agonia.Net, an international convergence of literature lovers and critics in the web. Ms. Toropu is born in Romania and is currently a math PhD student in the US.



You can lend a guess on why I am posting her poem “Broken Shoes” :

a. I am a snob to snotty people referred in the poem;


b. Cristina and I both like opera music (though I prefer Puccini

over Verdi);

c. My favorite and comfortable shoes, a pair of gray Crocs, has been subject to much glowering by fashion conscious snobs, my only consolation is that at least I have happy feet while they may be suffering from plantar fasciitis resulting to their dour attitude;

d. All of the above.





Answer: D



No comments: