03 December 2008

Catching up on the Renegade

I have a good friend who is a die-hard fan and advocate of recently elected US President Barack Obama. I realized my friend’s affinity towards Mr. Obama may be due to a common trait they share like eloquence and boldness. I find this connection a great concoction for inspiration for someone starting with his legal career; I always believe that my dear friend W have in him what it takes to be a remarkable lawyer.

I never missed out on the US Presidential elections, thanks to all the media attention. Aside from the constant midnight CNN feed that serves as Hubby’s entertainment, all visible reading materials have Mr.Obama on it, from the daily office subscriptions to personal reading purchases.

I think that the victory of Pres. Obama, the election of a black man into the highest seat of power in the United States, is a good sign for the world to see. Pres. Obama has a mix of American-African blood and has an Asian background (and relatives) that lends enigma and value to the 3rd world. His symbolic win represents the actuality of equal opportunity for all races and ethnicities given various cultural and economic backgrounds.

I remember picking this up from the CNN, it said that Mr. Obama did not only create a leader out of himself with a strong base of followers worldwide, he created a movement which he termed people who believe in change. I wish him God’s blessings for he is a man worthy of praise and support, having rose from humble origins with his intellect, strategic vision and good intentions. How I wish that someone like Obama would be in our midst as our country badly needs one.

On the lighter side, I found this bit of information on providing secret service code names for the US First Families interesting. The following code names were provided to Pres. Obama and his family: President-elect Barack Obama: Renegade; Michelle Obama: Renaissance; Malia Obama: Radiance; and Sasha Obama: Rosebud.



Want to have one for yourself? Visit the Code Generator.


For amusement purposes, I also got one for myself and the pack. As I've always referred to hubby as Braveheart, I patterned our codes with his: Hubby: Braveheart; I am: Blaze; my Son: Bearhug; and my Baby Girl: Brilliance.

So what’s yours?

Acknowledgements to the following sites:
Photos of Pres. Obama from the Time.com website

No comments: